Translation crowdsourcing is an innovative and effective method for getting something translated. The main idea is to let a group of people to participate the translation work. There are several important reasons why translation crowdsourcing is becoming more and more popular translation source.
The most common reasons to consider translation crowdsourcing include:
- limited resources when money or time restrictions require alternative translation sources than professional services
- shorter time-to-market when the crowd is available and they are willing to help
- translation quality when the crowd knows the terms best
- active cooperation with the community, fans, customers etc. when the goal is also to strengthen the relationships
With the right tools, translation crowdsourcing is perfectly suitable for all kinds of translation situations: for documents, software, applications, Internet content etc. The process itself is quite simple.
Translation Crowdsourcing Process
- Start by choosing the material that needs to be translated.
- Manage the actual translation process:
- Finish the project by making the translation public.
- Listen to the crowd and feedback.
Translation crowdsourcing isn’t difficult. It’s commonly used in many types of big and small translation projects. You may have even contributed to one of the public projects by Facebook, Twitter or some other company. The key is to decide whether your project will benefit from translation crowdsourcing in the first place.
Try translation crowdsourcing in your software localization project. Or outsource the translation work to a professional translation service. Or translate the project yourself. With Multilizer you can choose how to manage the translation part of your project. Test it now.